A Place of Prayer – Prayer of Faith
The prayer of faith is a very necessary prayer. It is the prayer we use to pray for things in the physical world, such as a home, or much needed finances. There are many key rules to the prayer of faith, and those will be outlined for you here.
Never, ever use “if” when using the prayer of faith, because “if” leaves room for doubt, and will definitely effect the outcome of your prayer. You find the promise in the scriptures, meet any conditions of that promise, and stand firm in the belief of God’s word.
In the prayer of faith, you pray the answer to your problems. Where do I find the answer you ask? The answer is always contained in the word of God, because in the Bible, God made us promises that all we need do, is ask, and we shall receive. But we are not to demand anything of God, only to ask Him to give us what He desires us to have. And above all we must have faith, that God loves us, and wants us to have everything we need. Believe and then Receive, is the most important equation when praying the prayer of faith. See: (Isaiah 43:62, 48:11, 62:6-7[amplified] Matthew 21:21-22)
3. In this prayer, you exercise your faith. First you pray for the things you desire, quoting scriptural promises… all the while you must believe those promises. †That’s where the faith is important, because when you believe, you receive… “For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.” Mark;11:23. Now, in case anyone was wondering. Yes, you can exercise your faith and pray faith and wealth for other Christians, but only for newer ones. This is permissible, however it should be for a very limited period of time lest they be spiritually hampered, and remain like a new Christian, without the faith to pray on their own. You would be better off encouraging them to pray, and then agreeing with them in prayer.
4. The prayer of faith is for things, such as money, food, extra faith in a time of struggle, but never people, or other peoples belongings… “Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbor’s wife, neither shalt thou covet thy neighbor’s house, his field, or his manservant, or his maidservant, his ox, or his ass, or any thing that is thy neighbor’s.” Deuteronomy: 5:21
5. The prayer of faith is designed to always be answered. Whatever you ask that is according to God’s will He will hear, and answer your prayer. “Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.” Psalms: 37:3 “Delight thyself also in the LORD”: “and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.” Psalms: 37:4
6. Claiming people for salvation, does not fall under the prayer of faith, it will be covered in the prayer of intercession…though faith is involved there are different rules, and spiritual laws at work when praying for some ones salvation. You cannot claim a person as yours. That is considered usurping his/her will, and that is not allowed according to the bible. Usurping someone’s will is witchcraft, and is against God, so please, for your own spiritual well being, do not claim a person, or person’s will as yours.
7. Something very important to remember is that all the answers needed for this prayer, are found in the promises in the bible.
8. The Word of God has promises to cover anything you could want or need in life. When you pray the Word you are praying power and God’s answer is always yes. If you are praying and not receiving an answer you are probably praying for something that is not God’s will or you may not be praying in faith.
9. It may also be that your motives are not correct. You need to be sure that you are not praying out of lust or greed. God’s word promises the desires of our hearts. A desire is to want. Lust and greed are selfish desires with self gratifying results. They are not seeking God’s will or the health and safety of someone or something. Their motives are completely selfish. God will not honor this kind of prayer.
10. Another reason for unanswered prayer may be that you allow your circumstances to allow dictate your level of commitment to praise and worship. It is essential that when praying the prayer of faith that you give God thanks and praise for the answer to your prayer.
11. It may be that you are not fully convinced that God desires to give you good things and that He wants to answer your prayer. This will hinder your faith and the result of that faith which is praise and worship for the blessings obtained.
12. You need to be sure that you are praying correctly. When you pray the prayer of faith your prayer should have the answer in it. For example: You shouldn’t pray, God help me get rid of this sin, you know I have trouble with it. This is wrong!
Instead pray something like this: I thank you Father that according to your Word, I am dead to sin and sin no longer has dominion over me. I thank you that Jesus bore my sins on the cross and paid the price for my transgressions. I ask your forgiveness for allowing this into my life and I willingly walk away from this sin and command it to go from me now in Jesus name. Thank you for the authority that you have given me to do this. I receive my freedom in Jesus name. Devil, it is written you must flee.It is now that you must continue to stand on the prayer of faith and resist the urge to doubt.